I love Thanksgiving and having the opportunity to work with Butterball again this year! They are one of my favorite companies due to the fact they stay on top of the trends with new things happening everyday and always looking for ways to help make the stress of the holidays easier on us! I love the text number option, which was launched in 2016, so keep those kiddos in the kitchen with you to text away and keep them involved in the work. I have honestly called the number several times for quick questions and boy are they helpful! If only tech support was this easy and friendly!!
– Text Help (844-877-3456):
Send the Turkey Talk-Line a text! Holiday cooking text help will be available starting Nov. 1
, with extended hours starting the week of Thanksgiving.
– 1-800-BUTTERBALL (1-800-288-8372)
: Turkey Talk-Line experts will be available this season starting November 1, 2017
, through December 24, 2017
, to answer questions and assist all Thanksgiving cooks.
Butterball conducted its first-ever consumer survey this year for a pulse on Thanksgiving preppers’ expectations and realities when it comes to one of the most important meals of the year. I wanted to share some interesting findings the survey found:
· Two-thirds of Americans rank Thanksgiving as one of their favorite holidays.
· Two-thirds of Americans like to incorporate new traditions into their celebrations…many of which include cooking up new and different recipes for loved ones to enjoy.
· Out of all things Thanksgiving preparers cook up, they’re most proud of the turkey. And 88 percent prep it the old-school way: in an oven.
· 84 percent feel excited about preparing the meal, and 74 percent of Americans don’t expect Thanksgiving to be perfect.
· It’s the turkey! Despite the overall positivity around the holiday, first-time millennial preparers are still feeling the pressure. Eight in 10 first-time cooks worry about cooking the turkey correctly. This number drops among experienced preparers, but still 43% worry about getting it right.
In other exciting news, Butterball launched a campaign this morning to make a Thanksgiving Turkey emoji a reality
! Did you know that every other major holiday has an emoji except for Thanksgiving? This is intended to spur excitement for the holiday season among media and consumers by encouraging them to sign the petition on Change.org
. I would love if you could join the fun and sign
Be sure to check out any of these links for all of your Thanksgiving Day needs and ideas – Butterball.com, YouTube, Butterball Cookbook Plus App, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook
Today’s recipe comes from my good friend Rachael who was kind enough to share a recipe that’s been in her family learned from a guy met at the hunting camp. Stay with me it’s not your traditional flavors….but wow is it good when it’s done! Don’t taste the marinade….it’s a little yucky, but once it cooks down it’s sooooo good!! I used 2 turkey breast roast which I love for ease of prep and if you don’t need a ton of leftovers this will do the job.
(Adapted from Rachael)
1 pound brown sugar
Jar of grape jelly
1 bottle of soy sauce
4 cans of beer (we all use Budweiser or light)
Combine brown sugar and jelly. Stir in soy sauce and beer. (I combined the day before and let it sit in the fridge overnight so the foam settled.)
Put about half of it in with the turkey and then reserve the other half to baste the turkey while cooking.
Thicken with cornstarch and milk to make gravy when turkey is done.
Disclaimer: 3 Butterball checks where sent to me one for me and two to giveaway have been provided by Butterball for this Review & Giveaway. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”