If you’re looking for a cute craft to do with the kids this is a super easy one. It makes a great gift too, I mean who doesn’t like s’mores? It’s cute to do for any holiday as long as you can find the peep characters or else you can use regular large marshmallows. I’m always looking for a cute hostist gift when we get invited out to a friends house so this will come in handy for the next BBQ we go to. I followed the suggestions at the end of the post and it was really easy to throw together. I also recommend that you stuff the baggie in the jar using a spoon before you fill it because no matter how hard you roll, fold or whatever idea you have of getting a full baggie in the jar it’s not gonna work.
EASTER BUNNY S’MORES
(Adapted from Creative Gift & Party Ideas)
INGREDIENTS AND DIRECTIONS:
1. Reduce 1 sleeve graham crackers to crumbs.
2. Layer 2/3 of the crumbs in a 1 quart jar.
3. Place 8 marshmallow bunny peeps standing up, facing out around the inside of the jar.
4. Press them up against the glass, but don’t squash them.
5. Carefully spoon remaining crumbs in the center of the jar to support the bunnies, pressing down to keep it snug.
6. On top of this pour 1-1/4 cup Easter M&M’s.
7. Spoon 1/3 cup brown sugar into center of M&M’s, gently pressing with a spoon.
My changes: I did M&M’s first, then Peeps, then put combined brown sugar and graham cracker crumbs in baggie. I didn’t like how the crumbs made a mess in the jar.
Attach a gift tag giving the following instructions:
1. Empty the jar contents into a bowl. Snip the bunnies into bits with kitchen sheers or cut up with a knife. Return the bunny bits to the mixture. Mix well.
2. Melt 1/2 cup butter; add 1 teaspoon vanilla. Pour this over the dry ingredients, mixing well. Pat into a greased 9″ square pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. Cool and cut into bars.(Makes 9 to 12 bars.)
*Option – leave bunnies whole; combine remaining ingredients and place the bunnies on top; then bake as directed.